Have you heard of The Kindness Elves? I first heard about this wonderful idea last year from The Imagination Tree, which inspired families to encourage acts of kindness, generosity, and love during the Holiday season!
This year, we decided to begin this tradition with our own children. They love finding where the elves are ‘hiding’ and what idea they have for the day. We have had so much fun spreading the Christmas cheer!
Here are of the some of the ideas we have done or are planning to do this season:
1) Make a fleece tie blanket for Project Linus
2) Help Mommy make a meal and deliver it to our neighbor who just had a baby
3) Color some beautiful pictures and then deliver them to a retirement community together
4) Collect canned food items and deliver them to a food pantry
5) Be a Super Sharer
6) Write a thank you note to your teacher
Sometimes the kindness elves will also notice nice things the children did and write a little note showing appreciation for “holding the door open for someone” or whatever kind action they did.